Did you know a young sunflower tracks the sun or that a single sunflower head can produce over 1000 seeds?
With lots to learn about these happy sunny flowers, this set of flashcards from Playful Little Readers, explores the life cycle of a sunflower from seed to flower and back to seed, allowing children to understand the concept of growth. With individual cards showing clear, accurate & simple illustrations of each stage, a child can learn about the different stages before learning the order of the lifecycle. A great Montessori inspired learning aid for all children.
The set includes 6 flash cards - 5 featuring the different stages & 1 large flashcard of the entire sunflower life cycle, all in a little bag for easy storage.
Key Areas of Learning:
- Introduces children to the wonder of nature
- Promotes knowledge and understanding of the world
- Science concepts- develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science.
- Provides opportunity for open discussion
- Introduces new vocabulary
Printed on heavyweight card with safe, rounded edges.