Our Pastel Play Rice is a a pastel lovers heaven! With 6 pale colours blending together, this rice creates the perfect base for themed play! Unicorn land, Easter party, ice cream sprinkles...
Rice play is an unstructured and open-ended type of play, which means children can explore without rules or limitations. This will help them with their imagination, creativity and critical thinking skills.
Rice can be used to create small world play set-ups, as a mathematical aid for pouring & measuring quantities, for mark making, crafts & so much more! The sensory element also provides a therapeutic quality to the play, which is calming for children.
Pastel Rice Colours: Pale Pink, Peach, Lemon, Apple, Mint & Lilac.
The colours are heat sealed to prevent colour transfer & to maximise longevity. Our rice, if stored correctly, can last for up to 12 months.
Size: Available as 250g resealable pouch.
Key Areas of Learning:
- Encourages children to manipulate and explore materials, building up their fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination.
- This kind of play uses all 5 senses, but mostly tactile (sense of touch/feeling). Children process information through their senses, making this sort of play invaluable for learning.
- Small world play supports imagination & cognitive growth, as well as children learning about the world around them.
- Promotes basic mathematical concepts of space, weight & volume.
- Logical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Improves concentration and focus.
- Encourages independent play.
- Introduces new language.
Our Play Rice comes in a resealable pouch for easy, safe storage & a rice play information sheet.
DISCLAIMER- Our play rice for PLAY PURPOSES ONLY & should NOT be eaten. It is intended to support educational play activities. This rice is dyed with CE approved paint. These products contain small loose parts which may pose a choking hazard. Constant & close adult supervision is required AT ALL TIMES. 3 years+. Please keep away from liquid forms.