Our Deep Sea Play Rice contains a lovely mix of blues and sea greens. It is absolutely beautiful and a wonderful sensory base for so many different activities. Could it be an aquarium, ocean or a river through the icy mountains?
Rice play is an unstructured and open-ended type of play, which means children can explore without rules or limitations. This will help them with their imagination, creativity and critical thinking skills.
Rice can be used to create small world play set-ups, as a mathematical aid for pouring & measuring quantities, for mark making, crafts & so much more! The sensory element also provides a therapeutic quality to the play, which is calming for children.
Deep Sea Colours: Aqua, Midnight, Turquoise & White.
The colours are heat sealed to prevent colour transfer & to maximise longevity. Our rice, if stored correctly, can last for up to 12 months.
Size: 250g or 500g resealable pouch.
(Please note, the objects in the idea set-ups are not included)
Key Areas of Learning:
- Encourages children to manipulate and explore materials, building up their fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination.
- This kind of play uses all 5 senses, but mostly tactile (sense of touch/feeling). Children process information through their senses, making this sort of play invaluable for learning.
- Small world play supports imagination & cognitive growth, as well as children learning about the world around them.
- Promotes basic mathematical concepts of space, weight & volume.
- Logical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Improves concentration and focus.
- Encourages independent play.
- Introduces new language
Our Play Rice comes in a resealable pouch for easy, safe storage & a rice play information sheet.
DISCLAIMER- Our play rice for PLAY PURPOSES ONLY & should NOT be eaten. It is intended to support educational play activities. The rice is dyed with food grade dyes making it taste safe, should it accidentally go in the mouth. These products contain small loose parts which may pose a choking hazard. Constant & close adult supervision is required AT ALL TIMES. Please keep away from liquid forms.