These early educational classical rhythm sticks are a hardwood percussion instrument. Children love percussion instruments and our rainbow rhythm bars are easy to hold and simple to use... and there are so many benefits!
Rhythm sticks are a good instrument to start with because they are so versatile. Part of the percussion family, these sticks are tapped together to create sound & introduce children to musical instruments early on as young musicians play their first beats!
Key areas of learning:
- Fine motor development & hand-eye coordination
- Language development & listening skills
- Rhythm, beat, and tempo
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Early brain development
- Directionality (up, down, forwards, backwards, etc.)
- Spatial awareness
- Sound awareness- soft, hard, loud & quiet etc.
A well known song using these bars is...
‘Sticks up high and sticks down low, we tap our sticks and around we go. We shake our hips and tap our sticks to the music, music, music’
Size: 2x bars each approx. 18cm in length.
Made of solid wood.
Suitable from 18 months+