Our NEW Bee Discovery Cards, aimed at children 3-7 years, cover everything a little nature explorer needs to know about these important and fascinating creatures! Including their anatomy, habitat, roles within the hive, how they pollinate, ways we can help the bees, their life cycle and much more!
Each card is designed with a simple flashcard side introducing key words along with the matching image, great for younger children. The other side has a real life image for children to relate to with key information and descriptions at a child appropriate level linking to the key word. The cards support the National Curriculum, linking to both science concepts and personal awareness of the world around us. The cards also support the Montessori learning approach.
Bees are the world's most important pollinator of food crops & a vital part of our ecosystem. Their lives are absolutely fascinating! Did you know only female bees can sting? Or that the Queen Bee lays around 1,500 eggs a day and the honeycomb is used to grow bees?
This set contains 12 large double sided flashcards. They are printed on thick 400gsm card with a satin finish and rounded edges, making them safe and durable!
Key Areas of Learning:
- Learn about the importance of bees
- Supports the National Science Curriculum- habitats, life cycles and pollination!
- Introduces new vocabulary and extends language development
- Teaches children to be kind to nature and how we can help
- Promotes knowledge and understanding of the world
- Provides opportunity for open discussion
The set comes with a paper wrap making it Eco-friendly.