Our NEW Writing Tray allows little ones to practise forming letters in coloured play sand, so they can repeat it as many times as needed. It’s important for children to have the opportunity to make marks in more than just on paper & this provides a structured approach.
Mark making is much more than just a scribble! It is the beginning of a child’s journey towards writing and is an important step in a child’s development for handwriting, creativity and coordination. Initially children take pleasure from the physical activity of mark making, but as they develop, they realise that they can control their marks and their creativity starts to thrive.
Included in the pack are:
- A white sectioned tray (great for phonics blending)
- Set of alphabet & punctuation cards, with a wipe-clean surface.
- 2x mini pouches of coloured sand in blue & orange.
- Wooden marking tool- to practise pencil grip
- A wipeable letter formation board with a wipe-clean reverse side.
- A quality dry-wipe marker pen
- A wiping felt cloth
Research has shown that mark making is crucial for a child’s development and learning. It not only teaches young children how to hold a pen correctly, but it also prepares them for writing and develops their handwriting skills.
Key areas of learning:
- Fine motor development
- Strengthens hand muscles essential for writing abilities
- Introduces intentional mark making
- Aids letter recognition & formation
This set is suitable for 3 years+ with adult supervision.