Our Little Blue Magpie Early Learners Bag is an essential for all toddlers to help grasp basic shapes and colours, whilst getting lots of practice to help refine their fine motor skills. Our pack has been put together by an early years specialist to provide fun home learning activities you can do time and time again but also the tools for many more activities.
The pack contains shape and colour matching activities, threading and stacking activities, first mark making practice, a crafty dot sticker activity, tracing activities and number cards to practice counting.
Key areas of learning:
- Basic shape and colour recognition.
- Logical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Develops hand-eye coordination and lots of fine motor practice.
- Early maths concepts- counting, number recognition, number sequencing, size and shape.
- Pattern repetition.
- Cognitive development.
- Improves concentration and focus.
- Encourages independent play and completion of tasks.
- 16 x learning cards with a matt wipe finish (8x double sided, 2x laminated)
- Dry Wipe marker
- 8 colourful bobbins
- 8 colourful stackable buttons
- A 75cm lace for threading
- 4x coloured pegs
- 0-10 number cards
- Dot stickers in 6 colours
- A handy tray for doing activities
- Cotton storage bag
Age: Recommended for 2-4 year olds. Due to small parts, close adult supervision is needed at all times.
Our handy play tray can be used for practicing mark making by filling the base with dry sand or salt and asking your child to draw a shape or number. Why not make a shape hunt, hiding the shapes around the house for your child to find? The buttons can be used as a posting activity into a box with a slot. The buttons themselves can be stacked, threaded, counted and used to make patterns. The cotton bobbins can also be stacked and threaded, rolled and colour matched. Both the bobbins and buttons can be used in water play!
We can't wait to see what else you can use our Early Learners pack for. Be sure to tag us!